[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBIOS Debian package.

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Thu Jul 27 23:04:16 CEST 2006

Hi Anton,

(note: CC to LinuxBIOS mailing list)

I've recently started creating LinuxBIOS Debian packages, and I'll
probably also package your BIOS tools if the license permits and if you
don't mind.

Is it correct that all of the *deco tools are GPL'd (it seems so)?
Also, where can I get the latest versions of all the tools, the only
page with download links I found is http://www.kaos.ru/biosgfx/index_2005.html
and the links there are all broken.
The links below from Ward Vandewege do work, however.

Do you plan to merge all of the tools into one big package one day? They
all look and work pretty similar, I guess... If so, I'd also create one
single Debian package. If not, should I have one Debian package for each tool,
or merge them myself into one big "biosdeco" package (or any other name)?
What do you think?

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 10:47:32PM +0200, Ward Vandewege wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 07:43:42PM +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> > >  Award BIOS: http://kaos.ru/biosgfx/download/awardeco-0.2.src.tar.gz
> > >  AMI BIOS: http://www.kaos.ru/biosgfx/download/AmiDeco_0.31e.src.tar.gz
> > >  Insyde BIOS: http://www.kaos.ru/biosgfx/download/InsyDeco_0.3.src.tar.gz
> > >  Phoenix BIOS: http://www.kaos.ru/biosgfx/download/PhoenixDeco_0.33.src.tar.gz
> >
> > I'll have a look at them - if the license permits I'll package them.
>
> Anton may have to clarify the license a bit. He did indicate to me that he
> was planning to release these under the GPL, but I'm not sure if all the
> source packages contain the proper files.

Cheers, Uwe.
--
Uwe Hermann
http://www.hermann-uwe.de