[LinuxBIOS] Netvista N2200 8363 (Request)

Brendan Grieve brendan at worldguard.com.au
Thu Jul 27 07:50:49 CEST 2006

(Resent from the correct email account this time)

Richard Smith wrote:
>> I was wondering if anyone has tried LinuxBios on this and what the
>> results were? Would anyone be willing to get it going? I would be happy
>>

> Hmm.. Looks a bit troublesome.
>
> I don't see a serial port mentoned anywhere or in the picures.  Is
> there a serial port?  or a serial port mod?

There are no serial ports.

> Flash part is soldered onto the board but at least its a PLCC so it
> will be pretty easy to replace with a a socket.

I've had a closer look at the picture on the website and it definitely
shows it soldered in... which is interesting because every single 8363
I've ever had has it socketed. The one have to the right of me
definitely has a socket, else I would already have given this up as
too-hard ;-)

Brendan