[LinuxBIOS] GA-6BXC support

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 23:14:00 CEST 2006

> The looser that did that work dropped off the planet and hasn't been
> heard from for quite some time. ;-)

But a 2nd looser picked it the codebase  and continued on.

> > I'll probably try v1 first,
>
> Be careful.  The ram init is hard coded to support only 2 ram
> configurations.  I don't recall what other limitations may exist.  That
> is some VERY old work from a much earlier time in LinuxBios history.

You missed all my re-work then.   I reworked the 440bx ram init code.
It _should_ work for whatever you plug in.

That was all done for the Bitworks/IMS board which was a custom board
we made but its essentially a stock 440bx reference design.  So I
suggest you start there.    Its been a _long_ while since I've looked
at the code but I'll try to help.

As for V2.. I have a set of patches that adds all the framework for
440bx into V2.  Its gets as far as trying to read the SPD. But for
some reason I get back all zeros.  We don't use any of that anymore so
I stopped working on it.

I still have the hardware though and I'd love to have to work on V2.
There are lots of 440bx boards out there. I just don't have the time.
I'll send you the patches if you want to play with them.  If you can
get ram up then the rest shoud knock out pretty quickly.

--
Richard A. Smith