[LinuxBIOS] GA-6BXC support

Tyson Sawyer tyson at irobot.com
Thu Jul 13 22:52:47 CEST 2006

Uwe Hermann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have access to an old GA-6BXC motherboard
> (http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=1445)
> which I'll probably use for my first steps with LinuxBIOS.
>
> I see that FreeBIOSv1 had support for this motherboard, but not v2. Is
> there some technical reason for this?

The looser that did that work dropped off the planet and hasn't been
heard from for quite some time. ;-)

> I'll probably try v1 first,

Be careful.  The ram init is hard coded to support only 2 ram
configurations.  I don't recall what other limitations may exist.  That
is some VERY old work from a much earlier time in LinuxBios history.

> but
> I'd like to move to v2 sooner or later. Should I get another motherboard
> or can I try to port the code to v2? How much effort does that require,
> usually?

You might be better off with v2 but using some of the v1 code as a
reference.

Cheers!
Ty

--
Tyson D Sawyer                     iRobot Corporation
Lead Systems Engineer              Government & Industrial Robotics