[LinuxBIOS] USB Support

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Sun Jul 9 06:46:55 CEST 2006

Tom Sylla wrote:
> Bari Ari wrote:
>> Let me know what it actually needs (if it needs to be custom) and
>> I'll see about manufacturing them in low volumes (100's, k's) for cheap.
>
> WinDBG has recently added support for USB2 debugging support. I
> haven't seen it explicitly stated by Microsoft anywhere, but it seems
> to use the "debug port" defined by EHCI. Here is a post:
>
> http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=456
>
> The debug cable mentioned can be purchased from Mouser for $75:

The orphaned page at PLX on the USB debug cable is at:
http://www.plxtech.com/products/NET2000/NET20DC/default.asp

The NET20DC's don't seem to be in stock anywhere. I wonder if they are
out of production since the page is active yet orphaned on their
website. The search function on the PLX website also returns nothing on
the NET20DC.

-Bari