[LinuxBIOS] Problem Using SimNow Simulator

Dan Mezynski danmez at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 18:11:56 CEST 2006

I'm trying to get started with LinuxBios by using the AMD SimNow hardware
simulator to run LinuxBios on a Serenade board. Once we have success with
simulations, we will try it on real hardware.  The Serenade board is one
of the standard predefined boards that comes with the simulator. Once I
compile
serenade.rom and reference this file as the rom device connected to the
8111(replacing the AMI BIOS file), I reboot but don't get too far into the
new
Linuxbios, I expected to see recognizable postcodes, such as 0x13 from
c_start.S then 0x80, 0x39, 0x40 etc from hardwaremain(), but port 80 only
toggles
between 00 and 0x10. I try to single step from 0xfffffff0 (or 0xfffbfff0)
but
dont see code that looks like c_start.S. Does something come before this?

I must have built serenade.rom improperly: I did the following,
buildtarget amd/serenade
doneloaded filo.elf
edited serenade/Config.lb to refer to the filo.elf as a payload
make

Any ideas would be appreciated.