[LinuxBIOS] Tyan S2892

Arturo Mann arturo.mann at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 05:28:21 CEST 2006

The problem is not quite the actual ABIT motherboard, remember,
both the ABIT and Tyan use PLCC chips.
The problem is that I think Uniflash is not quite meant to flash LinuxBios
or ELF files,
and it writes it, but every sector comes out as "BAD" in validation, and
well, yeah, push comes to shove,
the motherboard does not boot either with that program.
I will flash with the topMAX and see if the program is good for the
Mainboard, unless you lot can tell me
about some sort of checksumming routine to make sure the linuxBios flash is
actually a valid chunk of flash?
BTW, is there anyone who has a VGA Bios for an ATi Rage 8mb XL (like on the
Tyan), since my original bios is f****ed
i can't get it out of there. :(

---- Stop the DRM! www.defectivebydesign.org ----

---- Stop the TCPA from taking away OUR freedom! www.againsttcpa.com/  -----