[LinuxBIOS] lb on pd10000

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Jul 3 16:06:31 CEST 2006

bios at lists.actweb.info wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Ok, ive had a play around with the code for LB to see if i can find where its failing and have found the following :-
>
> in file : src/northbridge/via/vt8623/raminit.c
>
> I added a couple of line to show were in the file its crashing :-
>
>         /* setup cpu */
>         pci_write_config8(north,0x50,0xc8);
>         pci_write_config8(north,0x51,0xde);
>         pci_write_config8(north,0x52,0xcf);
>         pci_write_config8(north,0x53,0x88);
>         pci_write_config8(north,0x55,0x04);
>         print_debug("vt8623 init step 2\r\n");

well, you are becoming a linuxbios hacker, I think :-)

>  b = smbus_read_byte(0xa0,17);

this is kinda weird. On a via chip the lockups always occur on the
northbridge, not on spd ...

> Ok, after finding this line, i hunted for the source for smbus_read_byte which i belive is in :
> src/southbridge/via/vt8231/vt8231_early_smbus.c
> (am i corect in thinking this??????)

probably ... I think so.

look in the generated auto.inc in the build directory and you'll see
where that function came from. This is the best I can do right now,
worry. The ctags stuff does not extend to the romcc files.

> One last thing, am i correct in thinking that simply going into src/targets/via/epia-m/epia-m/ and running 'make clean', 'make'
> is enough to recompile all the routines (including the southbridge stuff)?

yes.

ron