[LinuxBIOS] Accessibility of LinuxBios

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Jul 3 00:06:52 CEST 2006

Hi,

BIOSes is an area where accessibility is approximately non-existent.
Asking vendors to support hardware speech syntheses and braille devices
is quite dreamwork. I tried to convince accessibility people to release
basic drivers with BSD licenses so that vendors might integrate them,
but they just refused that, arguing that vendors will not make any
effort to integrate them, and there will always be bugs (which are hard
to debug/fix/integrate/... with vendor BIOSes).

LinuxBios, however, can be a great opportunity to have an accessible
BIOS.

So what can be done? If I understood well, LinuxBios is a linux kernel
-based bios. Does that mean that it has the notion of process, or does
it run only in kernel mode? (which is sufficient for taking advantage of
linux drivers).

Samuel