[LinuxBIOS] confirmed: via epia IDE now broken

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Jan 18 17:15:50 CET 2006

somewhere, somebody busted something somehow.

anybody wanna guess?

boot: hda1:/vmlinuz-normal initrd=hda1:/initrd-normal.gz  root=/dev/ram0
consol0
ide_probe: ide_probe: drive 0
ide_probe: ide_probe: base 0x0xnide_bus_floating: reg 0x1f7 status 0x50
ide_software_reset: Waiting for ide0 to become ready for reset... ok
IDE time out
No drive detected on IDE channel 0

That base 0x0 look suspicious to me.

I'm looking at this now. Except for this problem, epia is working ok,
though I have not (re) tested vga yet.

I see a LOT of issue tracker stuff from yhlu (12 items!) in chatting or
testing. Can we get these cleaned up  please?

Also, what's the state of jason schildt's issue 30, 'testing'?

APIC cluster auto-probing? Stepan?

There are almost 20 items 1 month old!

Please, folks, let's get this stuff put to bed.

There's more work to be done, and this kind of old issue just drags us down.

thanks

ron