[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBIOS support for nvidia CK804 northbridge?

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon Jan 16 21:50:17 CET 2006

yhlu wrote:
> what's your MB brand and model?

It's an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe.
Data (mostly guessed or searched on the web):
Northbridge: NVIDIA nForce4 SLI
Southbridge: NVIDIA CK804 (says lspci) / NVIDIA nForce4 SLI (says the doc)
Socket 939
Award 4Mb Flash EEPROM
Supports Athlon 64; Athlon 64 FX; Opteron 1xx for Socket 939

I hope you can find some more usable information at
http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=15&l3=0&model=375&modelmenu=1
http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=375&l1=3&l2=15&l3=0

The things making this motherboard attractive for me:
- 8 SATA ports
- 4 PCIe slots
- 4 MB Flash EEPROM (should be big enough for LinuxBIOS)
- 2 GBit LAN ports

The PCIe slots are most important because I plan to build some
routers with half a dozen gigabit interfaces each and using PCI
would severely limit performance.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel