[LinuxBIOS] [Fastboot] Re: [Kboot-general] Re: small 64bit initrd

Steve Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Fri Jan 13 20:03:54 CET 2006

If you could provide a roadmap on how to do this, or even better have a
chance to do it yourself for 2.4.27+ (2.4.32 would be great), that would
_really_ be useful.

2.4 is a smaller kernel than 2.6, and for supporting legacy systems that
only boot from floppies, I regularly use it on a single boot floppy,
using uclibc and busybox, along with e2fs tools and also dialog, for
lots of support software we develop.  I guess we have a thing about
getting it all on one floppy, but it would be helpful if we could jump
into a 2.6 kernel on CD, for some situations.  Legacy systems won't boot
from CD in most cases.

Steve G.