[LinuxBIOS] Inclusion of x86_64 memorize ioapic at bootup patch

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm at xmission.com
Sun Jan 8 04:03:35 CET 2006

yhlu <yhlu.kernel at gmail.com> writes:

> does stefan put the mptable in first 1K?
>
> good way is put mptable 0xf0000:0x100000.

Nothing wrong with that either.  In freebios v1 when all of
that code was introduced we had a lot of boards that did
not map ram in the 0xa0000-0xfffff window.  Which is probably
why everything wound up so low.  If I recall correctly even things
that look for the linuxbios table can find it in the higher
range as well.

Regardless the important thing is not to stomp in the legacy
memory region below 0x500.

Eric