[LinuxBIOS] How to ID flash chip type from software?

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 21:24:27 CET 2006

> * Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> [060226 18:49]:

> > > I don't have my list of IDs at hand at the moment, but this should not
> > > be too hard to fix.
> >
> > According to the 106-k list I found 0xdf is PCMCIA.
>
> which means the PCMCIA industry group rather than the interface. Haven't
> ever seen such a flash part though.

My google searches came up with nothing.  Perhaps you should try to go
about it by finding out what mainboard mfg it is and trying to find
some specs on it.  A lot of time they will list the flash size and
sometimes the actual part.

Attempting to flash a board that you don't have physical access to
seems pretty bold.

--
Richard A. Smith