[LinuxBIOS] VGA BIOS dissect.sh

Leon Woestenberg leonw at mailcan.com
Fri Feb 24 18:35:41 CET 2006

Hello Ronald,

Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> Leon Woestenberg wrote:
>> I found this script to be helpful to me in getting a VGA BIOS binary
>> for my EPIA.
>
> hi leon, you have a working via with linuxbios, vga, etc? Have you
> made ANY local mods to the source tree?

Yes, working as in: I have a working LinuxBIOS and I see VGA output of
FILO, can type and modify the FILO boot line if I wish to , and I can
boot Linux properly.
(Some stuff I have not yet working are: a LinuxBIOS logo (??) and X.
Supposedly X should work again when I modify the ID in the mainboard code.)

No, I have *not* touched *anything* in linuxbios/src.
(I just verified this by svn diff to be sure)
> can you do this:
>
> tell me svn version #
2177
> cat /proc/cpuinfo
> uname -a

leon at nehemiah:/tmp$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : CentaurHauls
cpu family      : 6
model           : 9
model name      : VIA Nehemiah
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 666.740
cache size      : 64 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu de tsc msr cx8 mtrr pge cmov mmx fxsr sse fxsr_opt
bogomips        : 1319.57

leon at nehemiah:/tmp$ uname -a
Linux nehemiah 2.6.12-10-386 #1 Mon Feb 13 12:13:15 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux

Best regards,

Leon.