[LinuxBIOS] Crazy idea? LinuxBios+Suspend 2

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Mon Dec 11 21:36:40 CET 2006

* Lu, Yinghai <yinghai.lu at amd.com> [061211 19:59]:
> Is the suspend be the job of OS instead of firmware?

LinuxBIOS' effort has indeed been the other way around: Move everything
into the OS that is not necessarily a task of the firmware.

Since we have this no-callback paradigm in the LLFW we should probably
stick with that.

> I wonder if kexec  or kdump could load another kernel to dump previous
> kernel to disk partition or file.

Why would you want to load another kernel first? Can you return from a
kexec call and have the original kernel dump the virtual environment of
the freshly loaded one?

S.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613