[LinuxBIOS] booting without vga

Rogelio Serrano rogelio.serrano at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 18:12:21 CEST 2006

On 8/25/06, Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> wrote:
> Rogelio Serrano wrote:
>
> > hah! this is another argument for ogp. i have to start studying fpgas
> > now. i need an open graphics card that boots at a fraction of the
> > speed of current cards and boots straight into framebuffer mode.
> >

> this is part of a bigger issue. I am thinking of starting a project
> called System Libre (a take on software libre) which would be open from
> the ground up. This is a response to many bad trends in our business,
> where the systems are gradually getting locked up (xbox, EFI, etc.) and
> we can't do much with them. So I like your idea.
>
> ron

I would like to help with that too.

The open graphics project is doing the same thing for graphics cards.

--
things i hate about my linux pc:

1. it takes more than a second to boot up
2. keeps asking about filenames and directories
3. does not remember what i was working on yesterday
4. does not remember all the changes i have ever made
5.cannot figure out necessary settings by itself