[LinuxBIOS] pci base registers

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 18:45:01 CEST 2006

> im really confused where dram configuration is being done in the
> epia-m. is it in raminit.c? I thought we cannot use c code until dram
> is set up.

Welcom to the most difficult part of linuxbios. :)

We can't run _normal_ C code.  But we have romcc.  romcc is a C
compiler that is designed to run without RAM.  Its uses CPU registers
only.

The raminit.c and .h code is the code you want to look at.

> i resorted to reading the acpi and amd bios manuals and got even more confused.

Yeah.  Avoid acpi if you can .

--
Richard A. Smith