[LinuxBIOS] linux pci initialization

Rogelio Serrano rogelio.serrano at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 13:07:10 CEST 2006

On 8/22/06, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:
> * Rogelio Serrano <rogelio.serrano at gmail.com> [060822 12:56]:
> > I gathered from the wiki that linux cant handle a totally
> > uninitialized pci bus and that linux is close to doing that. Im trying
> > to read the pci sources in hopes of being able to make linuxbios work
> > with my kt600 motherboard. So if linux 2.6.17 can already initialize a
> > totally uninitialized kt600 pci bus then i might start playing with
> > linuxbios. all thats left is figuring out how to initialize  the dram
> > controller.
>
> LinuxBIOS will set up your PCI devices correctly. The big question is
> how to get dram working indeed.

Well thats great.

> Can you provide an lspci output to the
> list?

Yes when i get home.

Is there some hope that the kt600 is somehow similar to other
supported via chipsets?

--
things i hate about my linux pc:

1. it takes more than a second to boot up
2. keeps asking about filenames and directories
3. does not remember what i was working on yesterday
4. does not remember all the changes i have ever made
5.cannot figure out necessary settings by itself