[LinuxBIOS] Geode GX1 system IRQ handling

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 17:24:49 CEST 2006

> > Granted, both of these patches were offered up as "hacks," but they
> > work, allowing the GX1 cache to be enabled and for the IRQ map to be
> > successfully copied, so I endorse them.  :-)
> >

> Committed as rev 2379, builds fine, not tested; let me know.

Woah.. Slow down there Tex. And give the authors of the patch(s) a bit
of time to respond.  :)

My patch was for tyring to figure out if thats really what the problem
was.  The framework was failing to do it properly.

I never applied that patch since it just covers up a problem rather
than fixing it.

I don't have the hardware so it was difficult for me to rework and fix
it the Right Way.

IIRC the problem was that the device chain was looking for a APIC
cluster and not finding that it took a different route that did not
call the cache init function.

We need to find and fix the real problem rather than bandaid over the issue.

Jonathan thanks for being the squeaky wheel and not letting this drop.
 Have you come up to speed yet on the device chain init code?

I think this may just be a static dev tree issue.   If nobody gets to
it before me I'll try to look at it tonight.

--
Richard A. Smith