[LinuxBIOS] Geode GX1 system IRQ handling

Jonathan Sturges jsturges at speakeasy.net
Wed Aug 16 16:30:46 CEST 2006

Ronald G Minnich wrote:

> Jonathan Sturges wrote:
>
>> I was aware of the issues with LB failing to copy the IRQ map, due to
>> the GX1's cache not being enabled.  However, I applied the two
>> northbridge.c patches for enabling the cache, so now that much
>> works.  (By the way, can someone on the development team commit those
>> cache patches?  As of revision 2360, they're not included.  I'll send
>> links to the posts if needed.)  But what I get now is that there is
>> no IRQ defined for my on-board USB and Ethernet adapters.  So
>> 'insmod'-ing a driver for either results in this message:
>

> sorry, please resend.
>
> ron

The 2 patches I applied are from these posts:
http://www.linuxbios.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2006-May/014546.html
http://www.linuxbios.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2006-May/014777.html

Granted, both of these patches were offered up as "hacks," but they
work, allowing the GX1 cache to be enabled and for the IRQ map to be
successfully copied, so I endorse them.  :-)

thanks,
Jonathan