[LinuxBIOS] Geode GX1 system IRQ handling

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 00:11:15 CEST 2006

> No $PIR in the image.  What's my best "Plan B"?  Options that I'm aware
> of include:
> 1)  Find a way to enumerate IRQ assignments while booted into WinCE 3.0.

Can you run one of the pci enum tools that work under windows?  That
will give you _some_ info.

> 2)  Guess.  :-)  Right now, the only devices I need that are lacking IRQ
> assignments are the USB controller and the NIC.

This might not be that bad of an option.  What you really need to know
is what PCI Int is hooked up to the device.  There are only 4.

This might work:

For INT in INTA, INTB, INTC, INTD:
   Configure the NIC and set it to use IRQ 9.
   Then route INT to IRQ 9.
   Hook up a ethernet cable and see if you get Rx packets.

> Question:  how is the kernel getting IRQ assignments for ide0 and the 2
> serial ports?  Without an IRQ table, I have to assume it's assuming
> standard IRQs for those devices.

Yeah. Those have long time accepted defaults.

--
Richard A. Smith