[LinuxBIOS] GA-6BXC - cont'd

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 20:32:45 CEST 2006

> I have 3 RAM slots (all used); does the output look good?

Yes thats looks ok.

> Where should I
> continue now? One thing I'll have to figure out is to build a payload
> which prints some stuff to the serial port, so I know that the payload
> is reached.

Um.... You need to go re-read all the thread postings on the i44bx and
V2.  Its not even close to running a payload.

Thats it.  Thats all the code base does right now is dump out the RAM
spd.  Thats the tip  of the iceberg.

Next we have to actually make the RAM work.
Then we load and jump to linux bios.
Then we discover and config all the necessary devices on the pci bus
Then we can try to load a payload.

The next step is to copy the RAM init code from the Intel e7501
nortbridge (raminit.c) over whats in the i440bx directory.  Then start
comparing that code to what V1 does in 440bx/raminit.inc and fix it up
so it works.

The e7501 is a DDR controller but a lot of the terminology is the same
as the SDRAM controller in the 440bx and the structure of the file is
sane and very well commented.
 It also has some stuff in there about ECC ram which we would
eventually like to support.

--
Richard A. Smith