[LinuxBIOS] smsc dme1737 data book -- anybody got it?

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Fri Aug 11 15:28:56 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 08:06:23AM -0600, Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> smsc appears not to have the data sheets for dme1737. All I can find is
> a 6-page useless document. Anyone seen a data sheet for this part?

I didn't find anything more detailed than the 6 page PDF either.

Maybe some of these people can help:

 * http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2006-May/016175.html

 * http://www.almico.com/sfhistory.php
   (says "added full support for SMSC DME1737" on that page)

What experience did you guys have with asking vendors for datasheets -
does that usually work? Should you mention you need it for adding LinuxBIOS
support, or does that reduce your chances to get the datasheet?

Obviously, there's no use in getting a datasheet under NDA, we wouldn't
be able to distribute code derived from that under the GPL, right?

Specifically, I'm looking for the IT8671F datasheet, which I cannot find
on the net, either. Should I contact ITE?

Uwe.
--
Uwe Hermann
http://www.hermann-uwe.de