[LinuxBIOS] AMD Turion - AGESA

jf simon jfaslist at yahoo.fr
Thu Aug 10 17:33:42 CEST 2006

Hi,

Ronald G Minnich wrote:

>another acronum I don't understand. What is AGESA?
>
>ron

Sorry about that. It stands for AMD Generic & Encapsulated Software
Architecture. From :
http://www.ami.com/news/pressshow.cfm?PrID=187

"...The AMD Generic Encapsulated Software Architecture (AGESA) is a
library of validated processor procedures designed to aid customers with
quick adoption of AMD technology into their products. AMI’s drop-in
support of AGESA allows minimal time-to-market for APTIO® customers to
integrate AMD Processor Solutions into their products. AMI’s integration
in APTIO® indicates that AGESA™ code is versatile enough that it can be
dropped in totally new architecture (UEFI) with minimal build changes...."

I was told that this agesa code was responsible at power-up, for
changing the CPU "P-state" from Min P-state, (minimum frequency, reduced
power consumption) to the maximum performance max P-state. Could you
plse point me in the linuxbios code, where this achieved?

Thanks a lot
-jf simon

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com