[LinuxBIOS] Geode GX1/5530: How to forward SMI to a regular IRQ

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Aug 8 18:58:52 CEST 2006

Juergen Beisert wrote:

> What does it mean? A small SMM rotuine? That would be great. Can I help to
> write it?

I talked to some amd guys about this. We think it is doable. You need an
SMI handler that does nothing more than fix up the stack with a pointer
to a kernel assembly thing that does a soft interrupt. Then you do a ret
from SMI mode and you end up back in the kernel where you want.

If you study SMI mode a bit, we can do this.

ron