[LinuxBIOS] Geode GX1/5530: How to forward SMI to a regular IRQ

Juergen Beisert juergen127 at kreuzholzen.de
Mon Aug 7 22:15:57 CEST 2006

Hi all,

On Monday 07 August 2006 11:19, myself wrote:
> I try to write a native sound driver for the Geode GX1/5530a Companion
> chip. Problem here: The sound chip only generates SMI. Does anyone knows a
> trick or a chipset switch that let me forward this SMI to a regular IRQ?
> Its too ugly to use a polling loop.... ;-)

Sorry. I think I must explain: I'm using linuxbios on this Geode system, so
there is no SMM emulation of the sound hardware. Thats why I'm searching for
a solution to forward the SMI to a regular IRQ. Has someone experience in
programming this SMM code? Maybe a short routine that only triggers a regular
interrupt when an SMI occures would help.

Regards,
Juergen