[LinuxBIOS] GA-6BXC - first try.

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Fri Aug 4 03:56:38 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 06:11:47PM -0500, Richard Smith wrote:
> Uwe.  What kind of hardware tools to you have available?  Do you have
> access to an Oscope?

Not usually, but I might be able to get access to one from time to time.
What can I do/check if I have one?

I do not currently have a POST card, but intend to get one. I should
be able to setup a serial connection.

Say I manage to flash targets/bitworks/ims/ims/fallback/linuxbios.rom
(that's the only ims image <= 256K, so I'll have to use it as my chips are
256K, is that correct?), connect a serial cable on ttyS0 (ttyS1?),
115200 Baud, 8N1. Should I be able to get some debug output with the
current code in svn?

P.S. no need to CC me, I'm subscribed.

Cheers, Uwe.
--