[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA: disabling 00:12:4

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 23:42:57 CEST 2006

On 4/28/06, Goodrich,Steven <steven.goodrich at amd.com> wrote:

> I suppose you could special-case the device in your PCI scan/enumeration
> code, but that is probably more kludgy than you'd like.  Could you reduce
> the device's resource requirements to zero?

Well we don't really know if having the device enabled is a problem.
We were worried that perhaps there was some sort of conflict with the
2 video devices and thats why the factory bios had it disabled.

So If its left alone and not allocated any memory or IO resources it
should effectively not be there.  It it really behaves as proper PCI
device then this should be true.

I think the re-cap on this is if the Config.lb is correct then 0:9.0
will get the VGA resources.  And we just need to disable 12.4s SMI on
config access.  Although it seems to enumerate fine so that may not be
an issue.

That just leaves this pesky 90 second video init issue.

--
Richard A. Smith