[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA comes up :D

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Apr 28 10:41:54 CEST 2006

* Goodrich,Steven <steven.goodrich at amd.com> [060428 01:06]:

> Hmm... Let me back up a step.  I'm apparently answering a question
> you're not asking.  Your problem is that you want to disable the
> internal video (and PCI header) and use external, right?  Is that it?

The second problem we are facing is when initializing VGA we are executing
the option roms in an emulator to keep things encapsulated. When we do
this in userspace, the whole process takes round about 3s whereas in
LinuxBIOS the same emulator (x86emu as used in X.org) needs 90s.

Two theories:
 - caching of the C segment is messed up
 - timing is messed up

Stefan

--
coresystems GmbH · Brahmsstr. 16 · D-79104 Freiburg i. Br.
      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 · Fax: +49 761 7664613