[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA comes up :D

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 00:10:45 CEST 2006

On 4/27/06, Goodrich,Steven <steven.goodrich at amd.com> wrote:
> We have an older board (from before I came to be with AMD) which was built with a GXm, CS5530, and NSC 97317 SIO.   I can pull preferred register settings from a document if that would help.

Yes those would probally help..

> Our preferred settings for this platform were:
>
> BC_XMAP_1 = 0x1300C060
> BC_XMAP_2 = 0x09999999
> BC_XMAP_3 = 0x99****99 (* = don't care)

Or perhpaps just confuse things more.  9's in XMAP2 is PCI accessable,
No Cache, No Write, Read.

I'm not sure how you would load the shadow copy of the bios into this
range with write disabled .  Until we started setting the write bit
for these ranges the emulator was getting all 0xFFs for its data.

> Are you loading an SMM handler on this platform?

Dosen't look like it.  Is that a big problem?  I know for the gx2 it's
a big issue since it dosen't have PCI config space without it.  But
this part seems to have PCI config method #1 without SMM.

--
Richard A. Smith