[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA comes up :D

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Apr 27 23:46:54 CEST 2006

* Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [060427 17:09]:
> First, obvious possible issue is that C segment is not cached.
>
> But I want to KILL that use of C segment. I'm going to ask Ollie about
> this today.

I would imagine this is due to the way the x86 emulator works. It
expects a memory region from 0x00000 to 0xfffff. In this region the
graphics rom has to sit at 0xc0000 for compatibility issues.
graphics roms are "allowed" to assume they live at 0xc0000.

So we should not change this but instead get caching and c,d,e-seg
writing work correctly and maybe in a standard way/at a standard
position in LinuxBIOS.

This would also allow us to incorporate ADLO or other stuff that allows
booting more OSes.

Stefan

--
coresystems GmbH · Brahmsstr. 16 · D-79104 Freiburg i. Br.
      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 · Fax: +49 761 7664613