[LinuxBIOS] Kernel crash output: Memtest86+ output

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Apr 27 06:29:46 CEST 2006

OK, I know that at one point we had a motherboard that had weird cmos
hardware. The cmos bits seemed to control motherboard functions BEFORE
the CPU executed first instruction. What I really think was going on was
that a piece of hardware also received the CMOS writes ... it was weird.

Eric, can you quick patch LB so that ALL writes to cmos are disabled?
Just comment them out. Then try again. Something weird is going on.

ron