[LinuxBIOS] Adding a config option

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Wed Apr 26 20:51:53 CEST 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 11:55:51AM -0500, Richard Smith wrote:
> > Yes, it's necessary (which is good, because I was certainly the last
> > person to touch it though I can't remember if I put it there in the
> > first place; I certainly remember seeing it in v1). Without it my boot
> > hangs, though I do still see the LinuxBIOS banner output before this
> > happens.
> Ok.. But you do get serial output prior to that then?  So it must not
> totally stop on all legacy IO.

Yes, I get the "LinuxBIOS-1.1.8.0Fallback Wed...booting..." header fine.
My guess it it stomps over something else or quite possible does so
randomly; ISTR getting random lockups when first getting the EPIA-M up
and running again.

> Can you test the changing pci_locate_device() to
> pci_locate_device_on_bus(0) (or what ever bus that need to be) and see
> if it still works?

That works; s/pci_locate_device/pci_locate_device_on_bus/ for the
firewire bits.

On a separate note, but still related to the EPIA-M, I'm sure I'd found
the appropriate bit to twiddle to make sure the machine auto powers on
always. However I can't find my tree where I did that and I'm failing to
find the details in the datasheet again. Has anyone else done this?

J.

--
                 |             Purrrrrrr.             |