[LinuxBIOS] Extraction of vga bios from .BIN file?

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 18:04:02 CEST 2006

On 4/24/06, Eric Poulsen <eric at zyxod.com> wrote:
> I've downloaded the 1.13 version of the Epia Via BIOS, which should
> solve my VGA issues.  Thing is, I can't seem to find a valid VGA BIOS
> within this file -- Is there a magic trick to extracting this?
>
> Bios file:
> http://www.via.com.tw/download/mainboards/1/0/i0100113.bin

A lot of times the factory bios stuff is compressed.

You will probally have to boot under factory and use dd to extract.
Somewhere there were some tools for various mfgs that would extract
the image.  Check the archives.  If you find one for via then we
should list them on the wiki.

--
Richard A. Smith