[LinuxBIOS] PCI max buses patch

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 22:48:39 CEST 2006

> I see the right way to do this is to make the default behaviour the
> 'guaranteed no break boards' behaviour. That means default value is to
> scan all busses. For those who need/want it set lower, they can know
> where the config option is.

Ok. I'll change the default to be 255 and commit.

> But we sure oculd use an addiiton to the wiki that explains stuff like this.

Any ideas on a section title and how we would lay it out?  There is
already the linuxBIOS options but its largly incomprehensible to a
newbe.

There is a disconnect between the lasting info that gets on the wiki
and all the discussion on the mailing list.  We need some method to
catagorize all the discussions on the list into something searchable
by mailboard or perhaps chipset.

--
Richard A. Smith