[LinuxBIOS] New Target for LinuxBios MB1030 / 3036 Success!!!???

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sun Apr 23 17:01:23 CEST 2006

* Christian Sühs <chris at suehsi.de> [060423 17:57]:
> in Option.lb I have inserted the two CONFIGs
>
> uses CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA
> uses CONFIG_PCI_ROM_RUN
>
> default CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA=1
> default CONFIG_PCI_ROM_RUN=1
>
> where the second option seems to bring up the cs5530 internal graphic
> engine (attachment)

So the onboard VGA works? Confusing..

> Furthermore, the emulator fails on a false expansion ROM signatur 0202
> it should be 55aa, right?

yes, it is looking at address 0xfe000000, not at your bios image. Are you
talking about onboard graphics or a pci expansion card now?

> In Config.lb should I insert a rom_adress and a few lines. What does
> image in that case mean. The whole Bios image (256k) or the vga segment
> only (32k).

In which case?

> I have inserted this lines at the bottom end of the file as described in
> the wiki. My Device is also located as in the description (9.0 PCI)
> rom_adress = 0xfff40000 for 256K image ?!

what lines?

If your linuxbios image is 256kbyte and your graphics bios image is at the very
beginning of the linuxbios image, the address is 0xfffc0000. If your
LinuxBIOS image is 512k the address would be 0xfff80000. And so on.

Stefan