[LinuxBIOS] New Target for LinuxBios MB1030 / 3036 Success!!!???

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Sun Apr 23 17:57:36 CEST 2006

Christian Sühs schrieb:

>> How should I setup LB to use the vga.bios with the emulator.
>> Which CONFIG Options do I need for that.
>>

> Oops, now I have found it on the wiki.
>
> chris

Well, currently I'm not able to bring up the VGA console.
I'm not sure, if I done all right.

in Option.lb I have inserted the two CONFIGs

uses CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA
uses CONFIG_PCI_ROM_RUN

default CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA=1
default CONFIG_PCI_ROM_RUN=1

where the second option seems to bring up the cs5530 internal graphic
engine (attachment)

Furthermore, the emulator fails on a false expansion ROM signatur 0202
it should be 55aa, right?

Is there any option, that I have forgotten?

In Config.lb should I insert a rom_adress and a few lines. What does
image in that case mean. The whole Bios image (256k) or the vga segment
only (32k).
I have inserted this lines at the bottom end of the file as described in
the wiki. My Device is also located as in the description (9.0 PCI)
rom_adress = 0xfff40000 for 256K image ?!

thanks for any hints

chris