[LinuxBIOS] New Target for LinuxBios MB1030 / 3036 Success!!!???

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Sun Apr 23 12:24:22 CEST 2006

Christian Sühs schrieb:
> Waaaaaaah,

same test under LB

setting IO/MEM with setpci to +

run testbios

same result

the screen comes up after a few seconds with a blinking cursor

I think now its time to include the vga.bios into the LB image
But I ask before.

How should I setup LB to use the vga.bios with the emulator.
Which CONFIG Options do I need for that.

There are a few more questions for me.

After filo loads the kernel and initrd.gz there is a jump to the entry
point.
It tooks a lot of time to do that jump (5 seconds!?)

Under factory bios the boot stuff is done by syslinux.
After initrd.gz is load, there is the same jump, but this is done very
quickly.

What could be the reason.

On my Epia ME this jump is done by filo very quick, too.

chris