[LinuxBIOS] New Target for LinuxBios MB1030 / 3036

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sat Apr 22 13:50:31 CEST 2006

* Christian Sühs <chris at suehsi.de> [060422 14:26]:
> Yip, I have start the system with vga=normal and taken a fresh vga.bios
> extracted with awardeco from the original factory bios. (The old one was
> definitivly corrupt)

yes, vga bios is often self modifying code. I fell like back on the
Amiga or C64 seeing that stuff.

> btw. flashbios seems unable to handle WINBOND W29C020

What's the ID? Can you run flashrom -V and mail the output to this list
or to me directly.

> ./testbios --abseg /dev/mem -s 32768 aw512n.bin
>
> I get 3 columns of output, which stops after 1-2 seconds
> The screen seems froozen, but at the bottom I have 3 blinking "cursors"
> I can do what I want, only a Hardreset takes effect ;)

What output? Are you sure aw512n is the vga bios image?

> I will try to pipe the output, but this is hard on a readonly filesystem :D

uh, why is it readonly?  you could log in via serial port from another
machine and log the output in your terminal program... That always
works.

Stefan

--
coresystems GmbH · Brahmsstr. 16 · D-79104 Freiburg i. Br.
      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 · Fax: +49 761 7664613