[LinuxBIOS] New Target for LinuxBios MB1030 / 3036

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Fri Apr 21 20:01:03 CEST 2006

> Get linux up and get a serial console going.  Then lspci (or do this
> from fuctory bios) to see what vga chip you have and where it is.  If

Ok cat /proc/pci

gives an Intergraphics Cyberpro 5000 rev.2 on BUS 0, Device 9
That should be PCI.

> you don't have a copy of the vga binary then you will either need to
> rip it out of the fuctory bios image or boot under fuctory and then
> copy it from memory.   The wiki has info on doing this.

Of course, I have ripped the fuctory bios, yesterday :D

> Then you can test the bios on the target under the emulator.  If it

Mmmmmh, the test program under utils/x86emu?
I can't compile this :(

to few arguments in pci_write() bla, blub

or an other program?

> works then you can add the bios into your Linuxbios image and set the
> rom address accordingly so the emulator will run it on boot.
>
> If it dosen't work.... Well then you get to debug it...*grin*

It will work :D

chris