[LinuxBIOS] Via Epia ML5000, LinuxBios, Filo -- 99 % there, need help with last 1%!

Eric Poulsen eric at zyxod.com
Tue Apr 18 07:37:26 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I've gotten LinuxBIOS working without much of a hitch, but I'm trying to
get the VGA console working.  I've been looking through the email
archives without much success, then I found this page:

http://linuxbios.org/index.php/VGA_support

I have a Via Epia ML5000 board.  My question is specific to this part,
found at the above URL:

/If you want to use the onboard VGA chip, you have to do the following
in additional to the CONFIG options described above. /

/1. in MB Config.lb You need to specify for your onboard VGA /

/device pci 9.0 on # PCI
/

/        chip drivers/pci/onboard
                device pci 9.0 on end
                register "rom_address" = "0xfff80000" #512k image
                #register "rom_address" = "0xfff00000" #1M image
        end
end/

Is PCI 9.0 the correct value for the Via Epia-M onboard CLE266 video?
Is there a way to find out, such as lspci?

What about the "rom_address" field -- Can someone explain what this is,
and how to set it properly?

Thanks

-- Eric