[LinuxBIOS] Geode SC22000

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Apr 3 20:48:24 CEST 2006

Per Hallsmark wrote:

> Q1: The source code files often include source files again instead
> of like building object modules that are later linked together.
> Why something like this? It seems odd to me as an perhaps oldschool
> C programmer.

this is a romcc issue. It pretty much has to work this way. romcc has
almost no function calls, as there is no stack, so all must be inlined.

> Q2: Why does the LB project need a special compiler?
> I've done numberous of firmware stuff and ordinary gnu tools have a
> good job so far.

GNU can't be convinced to run without
1) memory
2) stack

> Q3: Documentation...
> I was perhaps a bit optimistic when I thought the LB port should
> take one week, it was more like one month :-)
> But more documentation could help here a lot, or are there docs
> outside of linuxbios.org I've missed? Any work in progress here
> or can I contribute to it somehow?

yes, please send a HOWTO of your experience and it goes on the web page.

docs are ALWAYS welcome.

thanks. please send me the patch.

ron