[LinuxBIOS] A question about compiling linuxBIOS

Frank Samuel windrainman at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 16:56:23 CEST 2005

hi, all,
I got some new progress by more experiments.

It seems that my serial connection was working. When I
reboot the machine by running "reboot", I saw a string
of LinuxBIOS $Version Starting...
My board is Iwill DK8S2. This seems to be what main()
of auto.c prints when it call console_init().
report_bist_failure is also alled.
But setup_default_resource_map failed. Don't know why
this failed.

If I power down the target machine, I can see nothing.
I checked the cmos.layout. I saved cmos settings to a
file by cmos_to_file and read it via
cmos_util, I get a settings file in which baud rate is
1200. This desn't match with the cmos settings of the
machine. I am wondering whether cmos.layout is
still correct now since iwill motherboard changes
structure of cmos settings pretty frequent. Could this
be the reason that I cannot see any output of
linuxbios after the target machine power up? BTW, how
cmos.layout for Iwill is created? by flipping cmos
settings and observing the differnces of the binary
file or Iwill provides this?

Can someone provide some hints? Thanks a lot.

Xuehua