[LinuxBIOS] EPIA-SP standup progress!!!!

Dave Ashley linuxbios at xdr.com
Sat Sep 17 00:01:28 CEST 2005

All,

We've managed to get into linux on epia-sp using our modified
V2 linuxbios source. Next week we'll be cleaning up the
code for release back to the project. There were a lot of real
puzzlers we had to figure out.

Missing pieces include:
1) DDR init not using SPD values, controller settings taken
from stock bios and are specific to our particular DDR module
2) Size isn't detected correctly
3) VGA BIOS doesn't exist, however it might not be needed
4) Cache init code taken from V1 epia-m tree, so it's lots of
inline ASM which is probably against the ideals (romcc)

>From my point of view the worst thing about linuxbios is the
crippling lack of documentation. Document this thing better and
you'll see more developers jumping on board, I think.

-Dave