[LinuxBIOS] BIOS Saver discontinued

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 21:19:49 CEST 2005

> 256, when i flash the stock 256k image onto the 512k chip it will not
> boot.  No clue as to why. This could be a function of my programmer, not
> sure.

Duplicate the image into both of halfs of the 512k chip.  Whats
probally happening is that the additional address line on the 512k
chip is not pulled down on the board so its floating and your chip is
selecting addresses in the unprogrammed area of the chip.  If you dup
the image then it won't matter what the floating address line is
doing.

That is as long as the line dosn't float into the "undefined" range
and cause a latchup.

--
Richard A. Smith