[LinuxBIOS] LNXI Merge: lnxi-patch-15/16

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Sep 7 03:33:52 CEST 2005

"Lu, Yinghai" <yinghai.lu at amd.com> writes:

>>There was also a practical concern with the CAR in that you cannot
>>test changes to it except by flashing fallback which is contrary to
>>the spirit of fallback/normal image separation.
>
> I never tried out by change option use cmos_util to get boot normal to
> fallback.
>
> I mean if I change option in CMOS from fallack to normal. The system
> will always in normal, until I clear the CMOS.

Unless there the systems does not boot as far as ElfBoot.  In which
case after 3 failures the system will go to fallback.

Most of our development and definitely most of deployments don't
have a rom emulator.  So it is important for testing that as little
code as possible goes into make the decision of which rom image to boot.

Eric