[LinuxBIOS] Proposed change to amdk8 memory controller code

San Mehat san at google.com
Thu Oct 20 22:58:11 CEST 2005

Reworking the attribute is actually causing a huge pain in the ass with
relocations it looks like. I'm going to see if i can have the amdk8 MCT code
return the dimm_mask information back to the board via sdram_initialize().

I could either just have sdram_initialize() return a merged version of
dimm_mask which would limit the number of dimms supported, or I could pass
in an additional non-static 'population' structure which i think may be
better.

Any thoughts?.. I'm going to modify my stuff to pass in a new structure in
the meantime..

-san