[LinuxBIOS] Via Epia-m and VGA Bios emulation

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Oct 19 15:32:05 CEST 2005

sorry, I missed a lot of this thread.

The only thing I can say for sure about emulator vs. x86 real mode is
that I don't see any differences in wall-clock-time speed, except in
those cases where the emulator is faster.

We did take in some changes, from another project, to reduce memory
footprint. I sometimes wish we had not -- I think every problem we've
had goes back to those optimizations. It's a little frustrating, and I'm
having trouble right now on the sc520 -- user mode testbios works fine,
linuxbios emulator does not.

maybe once my problem is fixed, yours will be too ...

ron