[LinuxBIOS] Bios Question

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 20:32:19 CEST 2005

On 10/12/05, Art Fore <art.fore at comcast.net> wrote:
> The PCI interrupt line was monitored with a scope. Driver was the same
> in both cases.

Ok so you are watching for the IRQ ack from the IRQ driver.  I don't
know a whole lot about  the deep internals of the windows irq stack.
Does the system ACK the IRQ and pass up up a notification or when you
hook the IRQ is your driver responsible for all that.

By driver I meant the chipset driver so they can't be the same.  Via
vs nvidia.  I would guess that the difference is in the way the
chipset driver deals with interrupts.

Unless you can somehow track it down to a setting in the chipset I
doubt linuxbios will be much help.

Are you using some type of RTOS extensions for XP?  I wasn't aware
that you could get response times that small with XP.

--
Richard A. Smith